The name ‘SnowSkull’ was derived from the poem “Death” by Gregory Corso. It portrays the contrast between the purity of snow and the macabre definition of the skull. The juxtaposition of light versus darkness and life versus death. Themes that run through his creative practice. The skull is usually a symbol of death, but SnowSkull believes the skull is the armour that protects the brain and allows it to nurture our dreams, thoughts and creativity.
SnowSkull is a Goldsmiths educated artist who focuses primarily on contemporary abstract painting. He also has a growing portfolio of video, music, mixed-media, digital manipulation and installation work. He has created artwork for book covers and digital and vinyl music releases across the world, and had his work featured in various publications including The Guardian and Vice. His work has been exhibited in, among other places, Cardiff, London and Tokyo, and is held in private collections across the UK, Europe and America.
SnowSkull is interested in exploring the mechanism of thoughts, memories and the immersion of dreams in his work, and is in constant evolution as an artist.
2019 to 2022
- Ba Hons Fine Art at Goldsmiths University.
- Group show “Wish You Were Here”, Yorkton Workshops, London.
- Group show “underthecounterculture, IAFT Festival, Tokyo, Japan.
- Featured in “Curatorial, Leaders In Contemporary Art” book, Capsules Books.
- Fine Art Foundation Course at Cardiff Arts Academy.
- Artist in residence, HowTheLightGetsIn Festival, Hay-on-Wye.
- Solo show “A Restrospective”, Cardiff.
- Group show “Breath of Nature”, Boundary Art Gallery, Cardiff.
- Group show “The Garden of Earthly Delights, tactileBOSCH, Cardiff Contemporary, Cardiff.
- BBC Connected.
- Group show “Summer Sho”, The Sho Gallery, Cardiff.
- Launch of Sleep/Walk/Listen. A collaborative, creative project between visual arts and electronic music.
- Group show “The Art Green House Exhibition, Edwardian Cloakrooms, Bristol.
- Group show “Art Hotel”, The Abacus, Cardiff.
- Group show “Art in The Speakeasy Warehouse”, Milgi Warehouse, Cardiff.
- Solo show “Sleep Spindles”, The Sho Gallery, Cardiff.
- Group show “Art in The Warehouse”, Milgi Warehouse, Cardiff.
- Group show “Sleep Walkers”, Milgi, Cardiff.
- Group show “Is it Art or Rubbish?”, MadeInRoath, Cardiff.
- Group show “Christmas Cracker”, Milgi, Cardiff.